Is it time to find a new office copier or printer for your organization? Maybe you’re the one assigned to look for a new device or a new office technology company to partner with. If this is the case, you probably have some questions about your next purchase.
While most of us focus more on the product or service, it’s even more essential to consider the copier dealer itself. Can your local copier dealer serve more than just a small business? What if you have multiple offices or locations? As a larger company, are you stuck to only partnering with a manufacturer instead of a local dealer?
Stick around to find out how you can make sure you’re choosing the best copier dealer for your business demands.
Is Your Local Copier Dealer Right For You?
Before we dive in, I want to make sure you know that you pretty much have two options when looking to purchase or lease a new copier—either through a manufacturer or your local dealer.
Although we are a local dealer in the Michigan-area, we also know there are benefits to both a manufacturer and a local dealer. To learn more, read our article, Who are the Best Copy Machine Companies—Manufacturers or Local Dealers?
By doing a quick Google search, you’re probably finding a decent number of local copier dealers in your area. So, how do you narrow them down and weed out the ones that won’t be the best partner for you?
Well, it starts with a simple phone call and possibly a quick appointment to learn more about their company.
Top Questions To Ask Your Local Copier Dealers
Here are some questions you can ask that’ll help you begin to assess if they’re able to cater to bigger needs than just a small business:
- How many years has your dealership been in business, and how many clients do you currently serve?
- Who is a reference of a local client in your same industry?
- If I have a problem with my device, how can I contact your support team so I won’t have to experience hours of downtime?
- What is your typical response time once I place a service call to my copier being fixed?
- How equipped are your service technicians when they come out to my location to fix my copier? Is the problem typically resolved in one visit or less?
- Do you have a Help Desk that I can call to assist me with quick fixes over the phone or content on your website to help me with my printing issues?
You’re Not Off The Hook, You Have Some Homework, Too!
Doing your research about the local copier dealers near you only accounts for half of the effort that should be put into finding a new copier. You must have great knowledge of how your office and employees use your copiers, too.
Top Questions To Ask Yourself About Your Business
Below are some questions you should ask yourself and your employees before speaking with a local copier dealer. These questions will be helpful to find a good solution for the specific needs of your organization.
- How many copies do you scan, print, copy, and fax per month, and what is your cost-per-copy?
Related Article: Blog 66 - How Much Will Printing-Per-Page Cost My Small Business?
- What are the most essential features that your next copier or printer must have?
- What is your monthly volume limit on your current machine?
- Do you need applications specific to certain markets you service, like legal, education, construction, or healthcare?
- How many devices do you currently have in your office(s), and do you feel like you need more or less than you currently have?†
- What kind of documents are you scanning and copying? Are you a graphics company that needs extra color or image support? What about assembling reports or booklets?
The Final Say: Can Your Local Copier Dealer Support You?
Like any of the other vendors you partner with, you must find a local copier dealer who is in tune with exactly what you need. Doing your research is just the first step, and learning more about their organization will only help ensure you’re making the best buying decisions for your business and employees.
AOS is more than a local authorized copier dealer. We don’t just sell and lease copy machines; we’re your dedicated business partner. Our team of professionals is dedicated to optimizing your business, improving productivity, and cutting down costs. Make sure to contact us today so we can customize an office technology solution for your organization.