In this modern age where more and more businesses are converting to digital assets, it is important to keep up the pace to match the competition. State-of-the-art printers and copiers are a huge part in maximizing your workflow, and a huge part of always keeping those printers and copiers operating at peak efficiency is maintaining a steady supply of resources. One of the best ways to maintain that supply is through the utilization of Remote Monitoring, otherwise known as a Monitored Print Solution or Managed Print Solution.
What Is Remote Monitoring and How Does It Work?
While researching options for purchasing a new printer or copier for your office, you might have come across an offer of Remote Monitoring as an optional service. Remote Monitoring uses a non-invasive software to remotely assess a copier’s status, allowing your service provider to proactively support your office’s printing needs.
Through the installation of a small and non-invasive software, Remote Monitoring periodically sends a scan of your copier’s current status to your service provider. This allows your service provider to support your needs in the background without any extra hassle.
The monitoring software that AOS and similar copier providers use is called Print Audit. Print Audit is a comprehensive monitoring service that keeps track of usage and toner levels in one simple package.
How Can Remote Monitoring Benefit Your Office’s Needs and Workflow?
Maintaining your copier’s maximum efficiency can sometimes prove difficult. There are times where a lack of supply may slow your office’s workflow. A Monitored Print Solution is a fantastic tool that can improve that workflow.
Using Remote Monitoring, your copier provider can proactively and remotely monitor and support your printer or copier in the following ways:
· The support team under your service provider will be able to see your copier’s toner levels, allowing them to see your ink or toner levels and send your toner to you. Toners will be automatically shipped to you so that you never have to worry about running out of toner.
· Your service provider will receive your meter readings, allowing them to bill usage correctly.
· The service team under your service provider will be able to determine when your copier’s parts are nearing the end of warranty so that they can stock parts
accordingly in order to properly service your copier maintenance needs on the first visit.
Is Remote Monitoring a Good Fit for Your Office?
Considering the above usages of Remote Monitoring, there are many benefits to choosing a Monitored Print Solution for your copier. Here are some reasons that Remote Monitoring would be a good fit for any modern office:
- Monetary Savings – Utilizing a Monitored Print Solution is an economical choice for your office since it can help avoid potential overspending on copier supplies. Billing will be more accurate, which can help avoid billing errors.
- Service Efficiency – Remote Monitoring allows technicians servicing your copier or printer to be prepared before arrival. Quick and efficient service leads to a prompt return to your normal workflow.
- Improve Workflow – Toner supplies will be stocked more consistently, greatly reducing downtime when the toner cartridge needs to be changed.
When purchasing a new copier, consider looking into a Monitored Print Solution. The above benefits brought by Remote Monitoring will bring an improvement to small, medium, and even large offices. Then, when it comes time to look for a copier or printer, American Office Solutions can meet your office’s needs. Give us call today to learn more about a solution that can benefit your workflow