Ever since the 1960’s, environmental concerns have slowly grown into the massive movement to preserve Earth’s environment as much as possible. Consequently, taking an eco-friendly approach to business operations became a large motivator in company practices all over the world. Copier manufacturers in particular have invested time and money to develop more environmentally friendly devices over the years. Any step we can take to help the environment goes a long way in extending the health and longevity of the planet we live on. Taking advantage of the environmentally friendly programs administered for your Kyocera copier is a small and easy step to take in working cleaner, smarter, and more responsibly.
The Environmentally Friendly Program for Kyocera Copiers
Kyocera offers an extensive toner recycling program that can help reduce waste. High quality products built with cutting-edge technology are the pride of the Kyocera brand. Alongside the increasing awareness of lowering impact on the environment, Kyocera developed their ECO footPRINT Toner Recycling Program. Now, they also take pride in how little their products impact the environment in comparison to many other brands. In their own words: “Kyocera is committed to driving efficiency and productivity forward while helping the environment”.
How the Kyocera Recycling Program Works
Utilizing the toner recycling program is a simple and easy affair for the consumer. The Kyocera company provides recycling boxes for empty toner and waste toner cartridges that have shipping labels attached. In order to follow through and utilize the program, follow the simple steps below:
- Request toner recycling boxes from your local Kyocera dealer. The dealer will deliver the boxes right to your door.
- After receiving the box, stow your empty toner or waste toner cartridge inside and seal it. The box can then be shipped out thanks to the attached shipping labels.
From there, Kyocera handles the rest. As a way of expressing gratitude to customers who take part in the toner recycling program, they cover all the costs associated with transport, shipping, and recycling. Customers can take pride in helping the environment without spending an extra dime.
What Happens to the Recycled Kyocera Toner Cartridges?
None of the recycled toner cartridges go to a landfill. All of the toner cartridges are repurposed or recycled into other projects and serve the necessary function of reducing waste in the environment. Kyocera partners with Close the Loop, a recycling center based in Kentucky, to ensure all toner cartridges are repurposed into items like pens, park benches, asphalt, and more! It is a wonderful use of materials that would otherwise take up space in a landfill.
Minimizing the Impact on the Environment
The Kyocera brand is fully committed to minimizing the impact their products have on the environment. As a company, they continuously seek out eco-friendly innovation and responsible operations. Below are four major aspects of their environmentally friendly approach:
- ECOSYS Technology - The ECOSYS series of copiers separates the toner from the long-life ceramic drum to reduce waste sent to a landfill.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging - Kyocera utilizes recyclable packaging to minimize the use of harmful materials like styrofoam.
- Energy-Saving Toner - Kyocera toner requires a lower melting point than most other brands, thus requiring less energy when applied to the printing process.
- Innovative Waste Toner System - One of the most innovative aspects of Kyocera copiers is waste toner recycling. With this innovative system, empty black toner cartridges can be used as a waste toner cartridge. These are also recyclable after being used as waste toner cartridges.
Benefits of Utilizing Kyocera’s Toner Recycling Program
- Reduce Impact on the Environment - As stated above, utilizing the Kyocera toner recycling program reduces the impact on the environment that the printing process could otherwise cause.
- Ease of Use - Kyocera customers can feel great about helping the environment without exerting much extra effort. Even a simple act such as recycling old toner cartridges can go a long way.
- Cost Savings - Although not apparent at first glance, the recycling program can lower costs thanks to the innovative waste toner recycling system inherent to Kyocera TASKalfa copiers. Removing the separate waste toner cartridge from the equation can help lower the overall cost of the printing process.
The Final Say: Start Helping the Planet With Us Today
If you use a Kyocera copier, you can easily operate in a more eco-friendly manner by utilizing Kyocera’s ECO footPRINT toner recycling program. Efforts toward maintaining an eco-friendly environment are always appreciated.
As the leading Kyocera dealer in Michigan, American Office Solutions adheres to the principles of respecting the environment. We take steps to ensure all products we offer utilize environmentally friendly recycling programs and systems. Contact us at 800-346-6920 for any inquiries concerning eco-friendly copier needs.